CBD oil is extracted from hemp plants and is being more and more widely used by Americans as a dietary supplement. It should be noted that cannabidiol (cbd) oil does not contain THC and does NOT get you high. THC is the psychoactive compound in cannabis plants and is responsible for the “high” feeling that users get. CBD oil products most often do not contain any THC (though in legal states you can find CBD oils that do still have THC within them).
There are many benefits of consuming cbd oil. These include things from fighting inflammation to increasing energy and even improving overall health. Moreover, it also supplies the body with essential elements such as phosphorus, sulfur, calcium, and others. These elements offer great benefits to the human body. In addition, it also contains amino acids, compounds that are very important to the body.
When used as part of a daily skincare regimen, it improves moisture and even circulation. Apart from being used as an anti-aging product, it is also used to treat eczema, acne, psoriasis, and dry skin. There are also many more cbd oil benefits not listed here, but you can find much information all over the internet all about the researched and well known benefits of this amazing oil.
While there are seemingly boundless benefits, like almost anything on earth, there are some side effects that can come along with cbd use. Let’s discuss some of these (usually rare) side effects and also discuss a few ways to battle them.
- Cardiovascular Effects: Polyunsaturated fatty acids found in hemp products can lead to certain cardiovascular effects. These fatty acids include Omega 6 as well as Omega 3. They can present a lot of problems to the human body when they are consumed in excess. Keep in mind that this happens when consumed in excess, but can include cardiovascular damage and growth of bacteria.
- Tissue/Skin Issues when Vaping: The polyunsaturated fats in cbd oil dissociate into harmful peroxides when heated to temperatures that are above 121 in Degrees F. These compounds can have devastating effects on your skin as well as other important organs of the body. This is particularly important to know if you vape cbd oil or use it in cooking.
- Digestive Issues: Complications such as the stool becoming too soft and eventually leading to diarrhea and painful cramps may result in some individuals. Those who are prone to disorders that affect the bowel movements should seek a doctor’s advice if you are having digestive issues with cbd oil use.
- Psychoactive Effects w/ Products Containing THC: Some individuals may experience anxiety and hallucinations when they use cbd oil, despite the fact that it has little to no THC. If you are such an individual, you should stop use or consult your doctor.
- Blood Clotting: Cbd oil may interfere with the functionality of anticoagulants as well as platelets. Blood platelets are important in facilitating blood clotting. Those with blood clotting problems should only take cbd oil after consulting their doctor.
Knowing and understanding all of these side effects is important to ensure you maximize the benefits while minimizing the negative side effects. As with any dietary supplement, you should speak with your doctor before starting use of cbd oil so that you know you are making the best choices for your overall health.
Reducing the side effects of CBD
The most practical way to reduce these side effects is to ensure you keep your dose as low as possible. You can then increase this dosage slowly until you find what works for you. This is the method that most people use to avoid experiencing any unwanted side effects. It is not advised to start out with the maximum dosage. You can also ingest CBD oil with food to help ease any unwanted side effects. Remember, users tend to feel that these side effects are uncommon, so you will not likely experience many undesired side effects with use.
If you vape cbd oil or use it in cooking and are worried about the side effects associated with extreme heat, then you could try switching up to sublingual use occasionally. Or you could use cbd oil in recipes that are not heated and go back to other oils that are known to be ideal for high heat cooking.
CBD Side Effects: In Conclusion
It’s important to know and understand these side effects so that you can monitor any that you may have. If you experience any of these, you should talk with your doctor about what you can do to help lessen them, especially if you want to continue using CBD oil. And don’t forget, as mentioned above, you can always adjust your dose and make sure that you are taking it with a full stomach.
Another potential problem could be the quality of the cbd products you are using. If you are experiencing unwanted side effects even with smaller doses, it may be time to consider a higher quality product. One such company offering superior cbd oil products is NewLabs CBD. You can find cbd oil tinctures as well as topical products for inflammation and pain relief and even anti-aging skin care. If you are interested in cbd oil and natural products that contain it, you have got to check out NewLabs!