Whether you’re planning a summer barbecue or an informal dinner, you can never go wrong with cole slaw. Creamy, tangy and crunchy, it’s always a crowd pleaser. But most cole slaw recipes use ingredients that contain sugar or other added sweeteners as well as mayo made with industrial seed oils. Not this recipe. Here you’ll find a healthier version all around and one that even fits the needs of a keto dieter—with all the fresh taste you’ve come to expect.
The goodness of Primal Kitchen® Mayo (made from healthy avocado oil) and Primal Kitchen Organic Spicy Brown Mustard mix with the bright colors and nutrients of cabbage, carrots and green onion—with a few extras to create a zesty and creamy side you’ll want to serve every week. (Personally, we think they go exceptionally well with these tempting Low-Carb Ribs.…)
Time in the Kitchen: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Organic Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tbsp full fat organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup dill relish
- 2 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2-3 tsp horseradish (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 3 cups (about half a head) of shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp celery seed
- Salt/Pepper to taste
Shred cabbage, grate carrot, and chop green onion.
Mix mayo, mustard, apple cider vinegar, horseradish, celery seed, sour cream, and relish. Pour over veggie mix and toss to fully coat. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
If you’d like to add an avatar to all of your comments click here!