In mid-December, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho hailed midfielder Scott McTominay as no longer being “young Scott” anymore.
The upgrade in status came after the 21-year-old’s performance in United’s 1-0 win over Bournemouth. All the drama surrounding Paul Pogba these past few weeks opened up a spot for McTominay, and the youngster made the most of it. United’s first outing in the knockout round of this season’s UEFA Champions League was blah to say the least, but McTominay’s performance was certainly elite, as Mourinho hailed his individual outing as “fantastic” and “brilliant.”
Scott McTominay has kept the fine form going and thus he lands a slot in NBC Sports’ Individual player power rankings. It’s a list based on who’s excelling to the highest degree right now; the top ten are below. McTominay is joined by three United teammates on the list- Alexis Sanchez at #13, David de Gea at #10, and Romelu Lukaku at #8.
Perhaps McTominay can step up and help the fill the void that’s likely coming next season when Michael Carrick almost certainly retires.
11. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) – Down 5
12. Willian (Chelsea) – New entry
13. Alexis Sanchez (Man United) – Down 1
14. Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City) – New entry
15. Andrew Robertson (Liverpool) – New entry
16. Steve Mounie (Huddersfield) – New entry
17. Marko Arnautovic (West Ham) – Down 7
18. Scott McTominay (Man United) – New entry
19. Virgil Van Dijk (Liverpool) – Down 6
20. Nick Pope (Burnley) – Even
For the whole list go to this link
Paul M. Banks runs The Sports Bank.net and TheBank.News, which is partnered with News Now. Banks, a former writer for the Washington Times, NBC Chicago.com and Chicago Tribune.com, currently contributes regularly to WGN CLTV and the Tribune company’s blogging community Chicago Now.
Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, Sound Cloud, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Powered by Sidelines
Related Posts via Categories